What are your plans for Gibson Talk??

Discussion in 'Forum Operations, Issues and Suggestions' started by Infant, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Infant

Infant Well-Known Member

You've changed the site and made it less user friendly. Then in the last few weeks everyone who Googles Gibson Talk gets redirected to the My Les Paul page. The same goes for Fender Talk where you get redirected to the TDPRI. WTF?

If you are trying to shut us down, then tell us for crying out loud. Give us a date and do it. I have members emailing me wondering what happened because they can't get on. I can only get on using my tablet.

Unfortunately, when you do shut us down, you will erase many years of knowledge that have been shared here. It would have been smarter to migrate GT with MLP and Fender Talk with the TDPRI.

Please share some information with us because this is getting ridiculous and sad.

2. spellcaster

spellcaster Active Member

I haven't had the GT redirect to MLP issue crop up, but I haven't been able to use FenderTalk for weeks. I normally use AxeTalk as my home forum, and we're going through the same BS.....When you try to get to AxeTalk, it redirects to The Gear Page. What we've discovered is that if you use your bookmarks or shortcuts to try to get to the forum, it redirects, but if you Google search to find the forum, you can get in. I wonder if the same solution would solve your issue on GibsonTalk.

I understand your frustration, and I sympathize. I actually stop going to the GeatTalk forums for two weeks and rejoined the FDP, which I hadn't been a member of for ten years. The new owners of the GearTalk forums seem to be completely clueless on a technical level and unresponsive to complaints. If they don't get their act together, they're going to find the forums they bought are empty wasteland, as members get tired of the problems and just leave in disgust.

Infant likes this.
  3. Infant

Infant Well-Known Member

I can get into fender talk and gibson talk on my tablets. Like you said, shortcuts / bookmarks don't work on my computer anymore. If I Google either of those sites, the Google search offers the TDPRI and MLP respectively.
    Like I said, no problem on my tablets for some reason. I'm just getting fed up with the agonizingly slow death of these forums and the owners/administrators unresponsiveness shows a complete lack of caring.

Maybe we should speed up the forum deaths by discussing politics, religion, firearms, drugs and start swearing a lot! We can even swear in French!

4. Infant

Infant Well-Known Member

BTW, fender talk went back online about 2 weeks ago....same time that they did maintenence on the TDPRI. I complained to the administrators there about FT. Don't know if that made any difference.

5. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've been having a lot of problems navigating to FenderTalk, and that used to be my home town.

And I do like firearms!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  6. arcticsg

arcticsg Member

Firearms?? That might actually make this forum a little more active! :D

SAguitar likes this.
  7. Biddlin

Biddlin Active Member

[​IMG]

Infant and SAguitar like this.
  8. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member